Robin fears he might lose his true love in this episode.
To the shock of her friends and teammates (especially Robin's), Starfire has been called back to her home planet Tamaran to be the bride in an arranged wedding. She invites them to come along and attend her wedding, and she is excited to see her home planet again; even the fact that she had never met her groom before does little to dampen her enthusiasm. But right above Tamaran the Titans are attacked by a squad of unknown space fighters, which they manage to destroy.Arriving at the royal palace, the Titans are introduced to Galfore, Starfire's former guardian, who explains that their attackers belonged to the Drenthax, who have recently conquered the planet, and welcomes Starfire back as the princess she is (she had neglected to mention this piece of trivia to the others). After receiving a taste (figuratively and literally) of Tamaranean customs, they meet the Grand Ruler of Tamaran - their old enemy and starfire's evil sister, Blackfire , who has since escaped from prison and taken over the throne. She arranged the wedding as part of a truce between Tamaran and Drenthax IV, with the groom being the ruler of the Drenthax, Glgrdsklechhh, a thoroughly disgusting blob-like creature.
Upset that Starfire gets married off (especially to such a prospective husband) and suspecting that Blackfire may be up to no good, Robin orders the Titans to check out things more closely while he goes off to try and persuade Starfire to flee the wedding, but as reluctant as she is herself, Starfire refuses for the welfare of her people. However, as Robin suspected, the whole affair turns out to be a practical joke: Cyborg and Beast Boy find out that the Drenthax fleet is not piloted by alien crews but by robots, and Raven finds out the true reason behind the matter: In exchange for her sister's hand (and with Starfire's forced marriage to him as a personal revenge bonus), Glgrdsklechhh has agreed to give Blackfire the Jewel of Charta, an artifact which would increase her energy powers and make her virtually invincible.raven figured blackfire just wanted to get revenge on starfire and The Titans are discovered and imprisoned, but upon sharing their intelligence, they decide not to quietly stand aside and break out to warn their friend after all they are her guardians.In the meantime, Galfore has come to notice that Starfire's heart is not on the wedding at all as matter of fact her heart is set on robin, despite her assurances that she is aware of its importance and blackfire came to her room to pick her sister up and take her to the altar. Standing before the altar, just as she is asked by Blackfire whether she will take Glgrdsklechhh as her husband, Starfire witnesses Robin fighting the palace guards and refuses; right afterwards, her babysitters burst in and reveal Blackfire's prank and all the people are shocked about the plan. Enraged, Starfire finally casts off her demureness and challenges her sister for the crown. Even though the Jewel of Charta gives Blackfire an advantage, she cannot stand up against her big sister's wrath; Starfire crushes the Jewel and then blasts Blackfire into submission.
As the new ruler of Tamaran, Starfire calls off the wedding and banishes Blackfire from Tamaran. But as the crowd cheers her as the new Grand Ruler, she publicly admits that her heart is telling her she is unfit to assume the throne either after seeing how her friends needed her and thinking about how much love and care they give her, as her heart is now set on Earth and her friends who is always giving her tender,love and care, and she passes the crown on to Galfore, instating him as the new Grand Ruler. As they say their goodbyes, Starfire expresses to Galfore that she might find her husband on Earth (she is thinking of marrying robin.), to which he smiles lovingly ... and knowingly. he watches her leave with her teen babysitters back to the t-ship to take starfire home to bed and Galfore knew starfire made right the choice because he set this up as a loyalty test for her and he was glad that she made the right choice. He knew she would be safe on earth with her new buddies and knew they would always look after her. a lesson from this episode,remeber teen titan fans: you must listen to your heart because it tell's you to make the right choices and if you make the right choices, you will follow your heart.
- It is revealed that Starfire is ticklish, very ticklish.
- This is the only time in the series Starfire's true name - Koriand'r - from the DC comics is used.
- The episode contains an error: After Starfire destroys the jewel of Charta, she attacks her sister. If you watch very close to Blackfire, you see she still wear the Jewel en her eyes still red. You can see this mistake here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=g9Kza4VDvMo, on 1:30, Starfire is holding the remains of the jewel and on 1:36 we see Blackfire still wearing it.
- Although Starfire had to learn English on Earth, Tamaraneans are shown to speak English.
- starfire is the lead charcter in this episode again.
- Even if starfire said she is not fit for tamaran anymore , she told her people that she will still be their princess.
- Starfire's mom and dad would be so proud that their daughter made the right
- starfire's mom and dad sent a message to her heart from heaven because they want their daughter to make the right choice.
- Robin: You're getting married?!!
Starfire: Indeed! And I cannot wait to see Tamaran. I have been having a bit of the sick home feeling lately and am eager to introduce my home planet to you, my friends! First you must ingest some fresh-squeezed glorg, or perhaps sput-flinks! And wait until you see the portkins. They are as big as a flarnop!
Beast Boy: Um am I the only one afraid of the big portkins?
Robin: You're getting married?!!
Raven: Uh, yeah, anyone we know?
Starfire: Oh, I have never met him. My betrothed has been chosen for me by the Grand Ruler of Tamaran.
[Starfire looks up to see Robin on her pod's canopy]
Robin: You're getting married?! AND TO SOMEONE YOU'VE NEVER MET?! [notices just now that he´s outside the ship and quickly "swims" back into his seat]
Starfire: Of course Robin, it is the way of my people.
Robin: But Starfire- [gets interrupted when the T-ship is attacked]
- Starfire: Friends, I wish you to meet my k'norfka, Galfore. He raised me from the time I was very small.
Beast Boy: [laughing] You mean this dude's your nanny?
Galfore: [towering menacingly above him] YOU FIND THAT AMUSING, LITTLE ONE?!
- Cyborg: Um, unless they tickle people to death here, I think you can chill.
- Starfire: I have missed you, Galfore.
Galfore: And I have missed you ... Princess Starfire.
The other Titans: PRINCESS?!?!?!!
Starfire: [sheepishly] Oh, yes, I am...second in line for the throne. Perhaps I forgot to mention?
- Beast Boy: I don't know what's a bed, what's a chair and what's alive! How am I supposed to take my beauty nap?
- Starfire: Let us now return to Earth, please. I'm feeling the sick for my home ... my real home.
Beast Boy: Then let's hurry! I couldn't figure out how to use the bathrooms here!
Cyborg: We are NOT having any accidents in the T-ship! You get me?
- Starfire: (paused and turned around looking how sad her pals are while her heart is telling her starfire do'nt leave because they need you , give up the thorne, your heart belongs on earth because you are not best for tamaran and you gave your heart to robin, you are ruler of friendship.) and now my heart is telling me... that i'am also not best for tamaran, (people of tamaran are shocked) my life and my heart is on earth that is where i belong but i leave you in good hands, the hands that cared for me as a child, all hail emperor galfore.