- Sort of clashes with my outfit. This come in black?"
- — Argent[src]
|Real name||Toni Monetti|
|Aliases||Silver (by Kid Flash)|
|Place of Origin||New Zealand|
|Friends||Teen Titans, Starfire, Hot Spot, Red Star|
|Powers & Abilities||Red plasma-energy manipulation |
Flight at superhuman speeds
Resistance to sudden change in air pressure and altitude
General Immortus and his army
|Voiced by||Hynden Walch|
|First Appearance||Winner Take All (cameo),Calling All Titans (in person)|
Argent is a young superheroine and a Honorary Titan.
Character History Edit
Argent is a superheroine hailing from New Zealand, whose backstory in the series is never really explored. But she was well-known enough to be a recognized hero by the Teen Titans without having met them previously. Because of her super powers she was targeted by the Brotherhood of Evil for capture and elimination, and in order to ensure her safety and to connect the Titans around the globe, Robin instructed Starfire to give her a T-Communicator to contact the Titans if she ever met danger she could not handle.
Soon after having Starfire's help in fixing a breaking dam in her homeland of New Zealand, however, the Brain set his plans in motion, and Argent was attacked by General Immortus and his robot army. Outnumbered and surrounded, she was eventually subdued and flashfrozen as a victory trophy in the Brotherhood's headquarters. When Beast Boy and the remnants of the Titans conducted a massive assault on the base, Argent and the other captives were freed by Más y Menos and joined the fight; she subsequently defeated Johnny Rancid in the fray. After their victory, Argent join the other Titans in visiting Titans Tower and subsequently assisted them in recapturing Doctor Light.
Argent has silver/light gray skin and spiked, black hair with red bangs. Her dress has no sleeves or straps and is black up until her waist, where she has a red skirt with black stripes. She also wears long, black sleeves and black boots with a bit of red coloring on the botton. Argent has a small 'A' tatoo on her chest, and her eyes are red with black pupils. All in all, Argent loves the color black.
Argent seems to be very quiet, calm, honorable, and very collected. She is mostly to herself and can be a little sarcastic. Argent seems to be very goth or punk loving black as her favorite color. She is grateful if helped. Argent helped people in need several times.
Powers and AbilitiesEditArgent's primary power is the generation and control of a form of crimson energy that she can release from her hands and then form into anything she wants, ranging from concentrated bolts of force to energy-hands or other item manifestations. She utilizes these abilities similar to the Green Lanterns from DC comics.
As a secondary power, Argent is capable of utilizing her ability to levitate and fly at high altitudes and speeds. During flight, she has shown to resist the damage of sudden change in air pressure and altitude.
Character facts Edit
- In the DC mainstream comics, Argent's originally from the United States, and her powers and appearance are derived from her half-alien heritage. She was originally created to help the aliens defeat the superpowered beings on Earth, but rebelled and became a heroine instead. She is part of Titans North. In the comics, her energy constructs are silver rather than red. This may be due to the fact that Argent means silver in French.
- Argent's powers of energy, flight and constructs are similar to that of Green Lantern.
- In one animation error, her powers are yellow-orange.
- She may have appeared in Winner Take All, when all the heroines were teleported there, her spiky hair and silhouette can just barely be made out. Ironically, Starfire actually first met Argent in Calling All Titans (such as asking what is her name).
- She was very good friends with Hot Spot in the original DC Comics. In the Teen Titans series, their friendship is not focused on.
- Argent is fond of the colour black. Black is also the national colour of New Zealand.
- Just before General Immortus attacked her, she is shown putting large brackets into the broken dam with her powers. When she finished this, the brackets were not made of her energy, but rather, metal. This could mean that she can use her powers in a telekinetic way to pick things up, or her energy can materialize into other substances when she's done with it.